Saturday, January 19, 2019

Standard Saturday - The Ongoing Race Decision - Our Date Attempt

The sick kiddo was not so sick this morning, so we proceeded with a pretty standard Saturday.  I managed to get in a workout this morning - I nearly skipped because I was so tired from a night of Eleanor wake-ups, but decided it would make me feel better if I even just ran a little 1/2 mile.  1/2 mile turned into 2 miles at 8:50 pace average.  Max got to watch a tractor video & Eleanor was entertained by her little rainbow gym.

I am leaning more and more towards doing a half marathon this spring.  A few reasons...
1.I really want to up my speed.  For me, running is a little more enjoyable when I can hit a 8:00/8:30 pace (I don't have much experience going faster) and be comfortable there.
2.Training is much less demanding than a full.  When I started training for a full with Max, he was like 6 months old and it was so tough to find time to run with him.  I learned I can't cheat the week-day runs - my marathon was extremely slow.
3.A half tends to be cheaper than a full.  Plus then I am not obligated to stay up at Grandma's, so could easily just make a day of it instead (it's tradition to go..).
4.There's a great race in Minneapolis at the end of April, that I have actually done before.  Meaning I know I like it.:)  It's called Get in Gear and it runs along the river parkways.
Should I do it?!?

Eleanor is 4 months today - hooray!  We took her to the Home Expo to celebrate.  Actually, she went with me to Aldi and Target first.


The Home Expo was just something Jason and I thought it would be fun to go do - and since Eleanor is 4 months old, she gets to tagalong.  It was a little underwhelming.  There were not that many vendors, and the ones that were there, were not anything we were interested in. Except for maybe the fireplaces and the decks.

Then she took a nap with Jason afterward.


And finally, all 3 got on the couch for a photo op.


No comments:

Post a Comment