Sunday, January 6, 2019

Meal planning notes and things

Jason has inquired to see what I am planning, recipe/food-wise for the week.  So I thought this would be a great place to post it.  I definitely do not always stick to the plan because sometimes things come up or things take too long, or sometimes we have too many leftovers so I don't need more food made.  But this is my plan that I use for getting groceries.
Note: we always pull out extra stuff like fruit, hummus, crackers, salads - in addition to the actual meal.  That helps me make sure the picky toddler eats SOMEthing.

Sunday: brunch-leftover soup from my mom
supper-tomatoey soup with chickpeas (at home)
+guacamole to bring to a friends gathering this evening
Monday: leftovers / spinach salad
Tuesday: tacos:seasoned shredded chicken OR beef
+ gardein crumbles, hard shells
+ toppings: salsa,lettuce,avocado,chips,cheese
Wednesday: creamy cauliflower soup
+ quick biscuits
Thursday: cereal night
Friday: roasted tomato pizza
+ pepperoni on half
+ mozzarella + oregano
+ sauteed mushrooms

The weeknights are all post-work, so easy is important.  Otherwise it won't happen and/or it will be done after everyone's had a slightly unhealthy supper of snacks.  As opposed to just a sizeable appetizer of snacks.

I used to make meat occasionally but I think now I am going to stick to just once a week.  I do not wish to eat meat myself, and my attempts at adding meat in didn't have great reviews anyway.  Maybe I'll add another one in - we will see!  I'm always trying to figure out what works best for meal planning with a little kids and crazy schedules!  Tips are welcomed...

The soups both contain a few different veggies in it, for flavor.  The tomato soup I plan to puree a little bit (LOVE my immersion blendeR) so it maintains it's tomatoey-soup-ness.  And I think the cauliflower one is just supposed to be pureed in the first place.

Here's to a successful start to the week!

My little buddies decided they both needed to nap at the same time, so here we are again, all sacked out in Max's bed.  It took a little longer, but I got them both sleeping.



No comments:

Post a Comment