Thursday, January 3, 2019

Sock in my pocket and mysteriously sore arms

Today on my way in to work I realized my arms were a little sore..  Odd because I didn't do any workout this morning - I am taking a day off of my early run to try and kick the rest of this cold (it didn't get any worse so a tiny bit of sleep must have helped?).  Then I remembered the pushups.  My lame-o 5 fish floppy pushups made my arms sore!  Yikes I am bad at pushups.  So I took a quick break prior to a pump session & did 5 more.  I do have arm strength - I can carry my two year old around for an hour without any issue.  He's pretty light, but still that is something...

But apparently those are totally different muscles. I just looked it up.  Traditional pushups use triceps, pectoral muscles and shoulders. Kid carrying uses more biceps, plus shoulders & core.  Totally different.  Hooray for working on my triceps!

I wanted to throw a crockpot meal in today (I have one ready!) but I did not leave myself 2 minutes to throw it together.  So we will have that tomorrow.  Oh well!

Sock in my pocket = Eleanor wanted to make sure I didn't forget about her while I was at work today.



No comments:

Post a Comment