Tuesday, January 8, 2019

My Garmin may be an antique by now

Yesterday my dad installed our water softener, which sounds simple, but the house was not built with any water softener hookup at all.  And he is not a plumber, so it involved quite a bit of pre-work before any pipes were sliced.  It has been a work in progress for a while!  So far I have not found any leaks & we have used all sorts of water-producing things (sink, shower, washer, etc) so I think he gets an A in his plumbing skills.  We are so lucky to have his help.  Our water is extremely hard in our new house and we are excited to see the difference it will make.

This is my awesome amazing Garmin that has been with me on almost all of my runs (and skis, and skates, and bike rides) since 2007 or 2008.  My first races I actually just used a regular watch with a timer.  And if I am honest, it is actually my 2nd identical Garmin 305 because my first perished after I left it on top of my car after a run one time.

Anyway, there have been so many new Garmins since mine & mine is getting trickier to upload - I literally have to connect a cord to my laptop in order to do this.  I am looking at the Garmin 635 and 935.. it will be a tough choice when I am ultimately ready to make the switch.  I love training by heart rate, so I definitely want one that can pair with a real heartrate monitor (not just a wrist check).  I am currently in the process of gathering recommendations from my runner friends.

Don't ever slice your finger in the wintertime.  Cleaning and dishes are hard enough on my hands this time of year - my finger is not interested in healing very quickly. I should probably get better about wearing my gloves/mittens outside & that may help.


It was taco night at our house tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment