Thursday, June 18, 2020

Middle of the week party time

We had a birthday party yesterday - my mom's - and she always wants nothing more than to ALL get together.  It was a success, except we missed one of my brothers(overseas still) and sis-in-law(working).  It was somewhat impromptu and my mom loves to do food for groups, so we let her take care of whatever food she thought would be perfect.  She had pulled pork sandwiches, cabbage salad, every kind of berry, and potato salad.  Plus this beautiful dessert of a birthday cake:



Max and Jason are obsessed with the ice cream cake.  My mom used strawberry ice cream in the middle, which is Jason's fave.  I brought a sourdough loaf to share, so that was my small contribution.

Since we are still in the time of Covid, we celebrated primarily outdoors.  And it was a TOASTY 92 degrees here.  My dad set up the pool and Max had a great time swimming in his underwear.  Because for some reason I thought he would not be interested in going IN it fully, with so many other fun things to do.  I was totally wrong - he loved it!  Good thing undies as a swimsuit is totally acceptable for a 3 year old!



The kids did eventually go inside to play with a few things before we got all set to go, pajamas and all.  I have found it helps with the bedtime transition to get into jammies before leaving - when I skip this step, they think it's time to PLAY when we get to our house.  Even though it is 7:30pm.



Eleanor took good care of the doll at Grandma and Grandpa's before we left.


The birthday dessert got me thinking about Max's and Eleanor's birthdays which are not all that far off...

No comments:

Post a Comment