Monday, July 27, 2020

Weekend Adventures

Saturday I woke up early to get out to the trails for a skate.  This has not happened in a looong time.  It was already pretty toasty out even at 6:30 am, so I was happy I got an early start.  8 miles felt like plenty for not having skated more than 2 around the neighborhood in quite some time.



Now I want to do this every weekend because, after waking up early, I felt so accomplished!  I came home and Eleanor had just woken up, and turned on the oven for bread baking.  I was not on my photo-game all weekend so here is the only photo of the bread.  Nice and blurry.  But oh so tasty!



The kids and I went outside for a little while, in between the threats of rain, and then came back in to play with trucks & more silliness.



This is where my weekend started to get a little rough.  I had thought it would be a great day to give up coffee altogether.  I also figured tea would stave off the caffeine-headache, because yes, I am probably addicted to my caffeine.  I may not have realized how MUCH I am dependent on coffee.  I had headaches, body aches, was extra tired.  After drinking a ton of water to see if that helped, I gave in & had 2 cups of instant coffee.  The damage even continued into Sunday - my body was having none of this caffeine quitting thing.  I will be working on this more slowly (i.e. DECAF coffee) next week!



We did have a grand time "camping" at home Saturday night!  Instead of s'mores this time we did rice krispee bars.  Also delicious, and less messy.



Sunday we went for a little drive after church and visited the nature center for a short walk.  Short because it the mosquitoes decided to come after me pretty quickly!  We forgot bug spray.  After a quick loop through the woods, we stopped to checkout the turtles and went right back home.



What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment