Monday, June 15, 2020

A Lovely Uneventful Weekend

We did have an uneventful weekend, but I do not mean that in a bad sense!  Plenty was accomplished, and the rest of the time we enjoyed ourselves.  Jason was busy with meetings and yardwork all weekend, so the kiddos and I played outside a LOT.  Saturday we also got out for another bike ride - slightly shorter than last weekend; about 9 miles.

Late Saturday evening, as we were heading inside for supper (grilled flatbread + black-bean corn salsa), I discovered this new artwork on our siding.  Beautiful, but not exactly great for our house.  After acknowledging her artistic skills, I promptly cleaned it all up!



Saturday night Jason and I had a mini date with incense on the porch.  It was so nice out that we were almost cold!  We will need to put in a fire ring in the backyard soon.



Sunday morning before church, we were hoping to get out for a walk outside, but we slept in instead.  Eleanor took her own little walk around the house.



After church, the kids helped me make crockpot granola for the week.  They tasted it when it was ready for me too. Crockpot granola is perfect for nice days where we do not want to heat up the house with the oven.



We also started "building" our weekly sourdough.  I am shifting bread-making to the weekend so the bulk of the time commitment is on Sunday when we are almost always home & the easy toss-in-the-oven baking day is Tuesday.  The kids woke up just as I was finishing up the last step of the bread, so I set them up with some treats at the counter while I finished.



Then we were back outside for a bit, my parents came over to visit, and I made a BOAT-load of this amazing black bean chili for supper.  Max and I loved it and it will definitely be made again.



Onto the work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment