Monday, December 17, 2018

Weekend Recap... Christmas is coming!

Wow I love the weekend.  We crammed in quite a bit this weekend, but it was all fun stuff.

Friday night I went to a Christmas cookie exchange that a girl in my neighborhood setup.  I wanted to meet a few neighbors!  I came home long enough to make some supper & say hi to this little guy...


And then went off to exchange cookies!  Mine are the cornflake cookie wreaths.  I didn't care as much about the actual exchange, as the meeting of a few people - it was fun to hear some info. on our new neighborhood.  I think we will like living here.


Saturday I got out for a "long run" (a long run for me is currently 2.5 miles) and explored the path to the park near our house.  It turns out it is not really a path, but more of a construction zone for future houses that you can cut through, leading to a street that DOES lead directly up to the park.  So it was somewhat of an adventure run! It will be easy to get to when there is low-snow, or in the spring.

Later on Saturday, Eleanor and I went to my cousin's wedding & Jason and Max got to spend some quality time at home again.  The wedding was over in Stillwater at an old shoe factory building & it was very fun - though shockingly loud so we were tired by the time we headed out at 9/9:30.


Sunday after church, we put on comfy clothes and just hung out for a while...because there was more fun Sunday night! Our old church had a Live Nativity that we participated in as Joseph, Mary & baby Jesus.  A Live Nativity is where they have real people playing the roles of the Holy Family, shepherds, angels, townspeople - and even real animals (camel, sheep, etc).  Max came down too with my parents, so he did not miss out.  The 40 degree temperature made it a great night for an outdoor event.


What a weekend!  I think I need to take advantage of next weekend for the details of Christmas prepping...shopping and all.  I have done about 5% of my Christmas shopping, which is absolutely normal for me at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment