Friday, December 14, 2018

Early Running Progress...

Day 2 and Day 3 of the new routine (back to work) and I woke up early again to run both days.  I almost didn't yesterday because my little guy had been up for a while & I was working on getting him back to sleep.  But he was totally settled down so he didn't really need me - he just thought he did... so he was either going to go to sleep, or sit in his bed complaining.  Jason ended up coming to his rescue, so he did go back to sleep for a while before we had to wake him up to get dressed.  And then today was difficult because I had not been up so much so was in this weird place where I was actually in a deeper sleep... crazy!

This morning's podcast was a new one I've been listening to lately - 'I'll have Another' with Lindsey Hein.  It was a panel of a few runners from some event & it was really interesting to hear their varying perspectives on running and stories of different experiences. Also fun to hear their goals, what they have already accomplished, and how they treat disappointment or challenges in life and running.  There were a few marathoners, and an ultramarathoner - which was perfect considering I have yet to determine what my next goal is.  I am waffling between:
(a) Grandma's marathon - or another marathon.  I love marathon training.
(b) Spring Trail long distance race. I live near Elm Creek, so have access to trails.
(c) Work on speed & do a half marathon, or shorter distance.  It's always more fun to run faster.

It is difficult to pick something now because I feel so so far away from any goal.  I am currently at a whopping 1.5 miles each morning..and I started at an 11 minute mile pace with my initial runs, now am about 9:15ish pace.  It does still feel pretty hard, but I think much of that is also getting used to the treadmill.  Next week I am hoping to work back to TWO miles at about a 9 minute mile pace.  Big runner here!  I keep telling myself that I've got to start somewhere..  The great thing is that I have a treadmill for this post-partum running phase - with my first time getting back to it, I relied on a little bit of skiing on weekends & then waited until February to start running outside (still snowy, but more daylight).  That worked okay, but once I got into marathon training it was almost impossible to get any mid-week runs in.

I am always excited to go pickup my little sweeties this afternoon.  The next few days I will have lots of time with Eleanor and Max gets to hang out with Jason (speaking of, maybe I should grab them some 'treats' or something..)  After supper last night, Eleanor and I are went to hang out with some friends for a bit.  Here is a random picture of Eleanor attempting some artwork.


And Eleanor's daycare diapers arrived yesterday afternoon!  Finally!  It took a few weeks for them to arrive.  I quick threw them in the wash last night, so she could use them today.  They are pretty adorable..


I think the cows or the owls diapers are my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment