Tuesday, December 11, 2018

End of Maternity leave = last chaotic change. At least for now.

I go back to work full time tomorrow, which means (a) I no longer have flexibility over my day and (b) I officially am on a low-sleep plan to manage my happy little life.  I have so enjoyed my time away and with my family, and am totally not the kind of person who gets excited about going back to work AT ALL.  However, I am grateful I have a good job, and they pay me... soooo back to work I go!  Haha, and I do love many of my coworkers!  I'll have a new longer commute from our new house (hooray for podcast time!) and a new routine at home with two kiddos that will be dropped off by Jason in the mornings.

Also I DID wake up early to get a quick run in on the treadmill.  I'm still at small mileage post-baby (ridiculously small.. like 2 miles), but I am going to stay there and work on speed a little bit.  My last pregnancy I did the opposite, and for me, running is a bit more fun when I can run faster than a 10 minute mile.  So far I am back closer to 9 minute mile (my previous long run pace) for those 2 miles.  Plus the short-speedy run is a little easier to wake up at 4:30 for!  And then I have a full hour after to get myself and the kiddos ready, before I leave for work.  Here is my lovely sleepy/sweaty post-run self.


Yesterday evening we found the magnets in a box, so played with those for a bit.  And Max showed me a magnet I forgot about that probably was a little small to be a great toddler toy (it's now hidden).  And he also showed me how he can access our knife block (also moved) and unscrew containers that contain messy ingredients.  He's helpful like that.


And Eleanor did her bedtime story on her tummy.


This afternoon Eleanor and I will run a couple of errands, make cookies for a neighborhood cookie exchange later this week, and probably do a little bit more cleaning and organizing and laundry around here (surprising, I know..).

No comments:

Post a Comment