Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Big Day Back

I am back at work today!  My morning commute went well, though I definitely need the full 45 minutes.  It took me exactly 40 minutes and I think it was a good/low traffic commute.  My awesome boss brought in some delicious goodies to welcome me back.  This cube of snacks is right next door to my cube, so it's like I have my own personal snack bar today.


I did a quick treadmill workout this morning, just to prove I could, in fact, wake up at 4:30/4:45 am and get one in.  It wasn't too bad.  I think it almost helps that I wake up so much during the night (2x for Max and 2x for Eleanor last night) because it's no big deal to wake up when I don't necessarily want to in the morning, for a run.  I started a podcast on my run, which also made it super easy to just hit 'play' again once I was in my car (because by that time I had zero extra minutes to sort through possible podcast options).

At work, now my favorite (*sarcasm*) thing to do is go hang out in this room and pump.  I get to do it twice a day!  This time around (second baby), I am going to leave my pumping bag at work and just transfer the milk each day..it will mean one less bag to lug around.


This is the time when I might take a quick 5 minutes to type these up and/or add photos, which makes it a bit less dreadful.  I will obviously save any longer posts with more content for the evenings or weekends though - gotta get as much work as possible done while I am here!

Here's my baby girl, all happy to see me after her morning at daycare yesterday.  We stopped by my parents before heading back to get Max & picked up some treats... fresh banana(w/zucchini) bread, some snickerdoodles for me, and some gingersnap cookies for occasional treats for Max.


Max has had this hat for a few months now, but he never wears it - he makes his bear wear the hat.  But last night he decided to actually put the hat on HIS head, so I had to capture the moment.  He also got to check out the backgammon board with Daddy, and he thought all of the pieces were pretty fun.


Now back to my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment