Thursday, December 27, 2018

Merry Merry Christmas!

Merry 2nd Day of Christmas! I guess I took a few days hiatus there.  I also took a few days off of running over Christmas.  Consequently I have been getting a little crazy here.  Last weekend was a bit hectic getting things ready- but oh so fun at the same time.  And I was so proud of myself for getting all of my shopping errands done by Saturday afternoon.  That never happens.

Christmas Eve we played at our house all morning and Max took an early nap so we could make it over to church for a 3pm mass.  We went to a different church than usual since that time worked so well & I would definitely do that again next year.  Max was a little ball of energy, but that's normal, and we had fun meeting the people we sat next to as well.  Apparently I grabbed a picture of Eleanor, but Max was too busy for one..


Then we went home and waited for our guests to arrive.  Jason's parents came over, my mom stopped in for a little bit, and then one of my brothers came over later too.  We had an eggplant dip appetizer, then pasta e fagioli (soup), and fresh bread and carmel rolls (both compliments of Jason's mom). 


Max LOVED the new pickup truck he got.  We had fun!


Then more fun on Christmas Day.. Max was very excited to see his presents under the tree this morning.  He later investigated what happens when you hammer crackers on his workbench.  I showed him how it's better to hammer crackers in the living room if they are in a sealed plastic bag..


Eleanor liked her jumper too.


After a relaxing morning at our house, we drove down to see my family on my Dad's side at my cousins house.  There were a LOT of us there, and the noise level reflected that.  Eleanor had fun meeting everyone & Max loved watching the big kids play with their new remote control cars.  It's so fun watching them all play together.  I love family holiday get-togethers.  In fact, I would not be opposed to having family get-togethers for other random holidays like Valentine's Day.


Then a couple of random pictures:
My cousin had this great decorating idea that I am going to steal for next year!


Eleanor loves to kick so much that sometimes she kicks her way right out of her jammies. 


Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment