Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Missed opportunities & running in the dark

We played outside Monday evening - well, I was attempting to pluck every last weed from the grass while simultaneously being interrupted every 1.5 minutes by a child or two.  I made a little progress.  And then I got distracted by this really awesome fly-bug-moth thing.  This is my failed attempt to capture it on camera. The little bug fluttered around for a while, so it is definitely MY missed opportunity to get a good photo.  Oh well, I'll have to keep my eyes open for these.



Later on, I went for my usual 8:30-8:45ish run, and it seems to have gotten darker overnight.  That is not entirely true, but it does feel quite sudden!





So now I am searching for my reflective gear from the last time I did a Ragnar (2015? - so sad!). I know I have a vest somewhere, and am hoping I can find my cool blinkie taillight like this one. I definitely have a headlamp, though it's not dark enough for that yet.  I mainly just want other people (and cars!) to see me.  

Perhaps I will stop wearing black clothing too!  What else am I forgetting..

No comments:

Post a Comment