Thursday, July 30, 2020

Trying new things isn't always hard?

Wednesdays are for soccer!



Another fun, fun day of soccer during the school-day for Max.  He has been thoroughly enjoying the weekly soccer practice with his friends.

On the way home lately, Eleanor has been trying out sticking pretzels in her shoes (I give them a few to snack on the ride home).  Then she realizes it doesn't feel that great, and whines the rest of the way.  We had a little chat about how that's not the greatest idea.



While Jason was getting started on our cauliflower gnocchi supper (good old Trader Joe's), I thought I would try out the hiking pack with Eleanor.  Last time we tried this she did not like it at all - it was like she was afraid to be up so high.  This time, I got up with her in it more slowly and that made all the difference.  She loved it!  And then Max really wanted to try it too, so he got a turn too - and loved it as well.  So now apparently we need two packs.  Hmm.. my goal was to get one kiddo to like them, so we could go hiking.  I suppose trying new things isn't always as hard as we think it will be?!



No run photo today - just a nice, easy 3 mile loop around the neighborhoods.  However I also forgot to start my Garmin so basically it's like it never even happened. 

I should start up an old-fashioned notepad of my workouts like I used to do, after tracking the distance with my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment