Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Happy birthday to ME!

Today I pushed the pause button on life; took the day off of work, & just chilled out.  Well, as much as I am able to do...  As usual I had a very ambitious to-do list, and only accomplished about a third of it.  But I still had a nice day and hey, I didn't log in to work even once.  That is impressive.


After listening to a podcast, putting together our latest Target order, and upgrading the OS on my iPhone, I logged off the computer for a bit.

First, I did a bit of reading and journaling since I have recently started reading this amazing book.  I have had this on my reading list for at least 4 years.


Followed by some housework including organizing both kiddos clothing.  Little E has accumulated an epic amount of clothing, which is good because she has outgrown all of her 12 month clothes and some of her 18 month stuff.  We ordered her a box from Once Upon a Child, and got a few hand-me-downs from a neighbor.  she is set for the summer now!


And then, I made supper.  Because why would I want to waste time later doing that?  Salsa rice, insta-pot black beans, and some fancy homemade birthday brownies.


Later we walked over to the park to play with the bubble machine and our soccer balls!  No soccer balls were lost to the tree this time.  Hooray! We were also very pleased that my parents could join us there too.


Birthdays with little ones are hard to mess up!  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment