Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Family of FOUR.. Introducing Eleanor!

I saved about 10 posts in draft-mode, over the past few weeks & they are GONE.  So bummed. :(  Now I will just have to think really hard about all the cool stuff I wrote about, in order to re-share.   Oh, and this is me re-invigorating this blog (I might delete some old stuff), in hopes to share it!  For starters it will be my little public journal space, plus plenty of pictures.

Let's start with this one, today.  Ms Eleanor!  She is officially a month old now.  She arrived on September 19th at 12:59 pm.  The goal was to have a VBAC baby, but she chose to hang out with me for a little too long (11 days and counting), so the medical professionals suggested that we get her out via c-section.

Since I had a c-section with Max, this wasn't too new/scary.  However, a big difference is that with Max, I went through many hours of labor before he needed to come via c-section.  Since Eleanor was scheduled, it was weird going in at 10am on the 19th, knowing that she would be fully joining us within just a few hours.  And I was less out-of-it from so many hours of labor, so things like the spinal anesthesia, and pulling/pushing my body to get her out actually HURT.  My c-section with Max was quite blurry, and I was mainly just shaking so much from post-labor that I was a little distracted to notice anything else.  The weirdest thing about the anesthesia is that it made my whole body itch - I need to remember to tell that to anyone with a planned c-section baby, because I thought I had an allergy to a post-surgery pain med. until a nurse explained the correlation.  Anyway, here's our girl!

We had a beautifully decorated house to come home to, thanks to some awesome new-baby elves.


Visitors too! - both at the hospital, since we were there four days, & at home.  We unfortunately had to take the decorations down after a few days due to listing our house - but we thoroughly enjoyed them while we could. 


Max is such a loving and helpful big brother.  Lucky Eleanor gets to go on walks to the playground with him - though this picture was a Max-only evening of fun with my brother & sister in law.


We are loving our new family of four & are ready for all of the new adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment